Frequently Asked Questions about voice tags and our services.
- Q: What is a voice tag?
- A: Voice Tags (aka Voice Overs or Beat Tags) are short audio phrases or scripts used by Music Producers, DJ's, and Videographers to protect their creative works & to let their audience know who is responsible for their work.
- Q: When will I receive my voice tag?
- A: You will receive your voice tag anytime after the moment you place your order up to the next 4 Days. These hours CAN vary depending on how many orders the vocalist(s) you picked has at that moment of purchase.
- Q: Does VTG own any rights to the voice tags? Can I copyright my voice tag?
- A: VTG has no rights over your voice tags. Voice tags are NOT copyrightable because alone they do not meet the minimally creative standard needed for copyright protection. To protect your voice tags, you will have to register them as trademarks.
- Q: Can I get a refund if I don't like my voice tag?
- A: Voice tags are ONLY refundable BEFORE the voice tag has been sent to your email. Once the tag(s) has been emailed, they are yours to keep.
Q: Does the 1 - 10 voice tag word limit have to be the same sentence or can they be broken up into different tags as long as it's under the word limit?
A: Yes, it has to be limited to the same short sentence. A voice tag has to be either a name or short phrase. Everything you type that you want your vocalist to say will be recorded into (1) one .WAV format audio file and edited with vocal FX. Nothing will be separated within the file.
- Q: My computer crashed and I lost my voice tag. Can you resend me my files? If not, can I have a refund or have another voice tag made for free?
- A: We don't always keep your voice tag audio files backed up on our hard drives. Once we send you your audio files we STRONGLY suggest you back up your files on an external hard drive or use dropbox. ALL VOICE TAG ORDERS ARE NON-REFUNDABLE ONCE THEY HAVE BEEN SENT YOU. We can also see if you have downloaded your files or not once they have been sent to you.
- Q: Do I have all rights of this voice tag? Can I use it also in every commercial project?
- A: Yes! The voice tag(s) is yours. Feel free to use your voice tag in any form you wish. We have no attachment to your voice tag. All we do is create the voice tag for you. Voice Tags cannot be copyrighted but they can be trademarked. You have the right to trademark your voice tag under your name/business name
- Q: Can I change vocalists for a revision if I am unsatisfied with the original vocalist I ordered from?
A: You will have to re-order a new voice tag from another vocalist if you want to change vocalist. Each vocalist here at Voice Tag Gods currently make their own commission of sales. So changing vocalist will not count as part of a revision. You can only get a revision from the current vocalist you started with.
- Q: Could you create a voice tag using an audio sample from another source like youtube for example, and create a voice tag out of it?
- A: Sorry but we do not sample audio or sounds from other sources, we only record with our vocalists from with our company. All our work must remain 100% original.
- Q: What format will I receive my voice tag in?
- A: You will receive your voice tag in .WAV format. An MP3 format can be provided also upon request.
- Q: Do you support background "Sound" effects?
- A: Unfortunately, no we don't. We only do effects on vocals, such as stutters, reverse reverb effects, echoes, delays, filter effects, and things of that nature.
- Q: Can I have a "DRY" version of my voice tag also?
- A: Yes! You will receive your voice tag with both "DRY" and "WET-FX" versions.
- Q: If a vocalist is late on the turn around, who do I contact?
- A: Contact the vocalist you ordered from FIRST by going to their personal page on the website and filling out the contact form on their page. If you are still then having trouble, then please go back to your vocalists page and contact them using the form on their page.
- Q: Can I change vocalists after I have made my purchase?
- A: If you are unsatisfied with your voice tag and want to change vocalist, then you will have to re-order a new voice tag. Changing vocalists counts as a new voice tag.
- Q: Does it count as a revision if one of the vocalists mispronounce my name?
- A: No, it's not your fault if we say your name wrong. Mispronunciations are on the house! It will also help us if you could email us a recording of your name being said if you have a difficult name to say. That will help us out a lot.
- Q: What payment methods do you accept?
- A: We only accept PayPal payments at the moment.
- Q: Before I purchase, what if I don't like the voice tag that was done for me?
- A: We have audio samples from each vocalist listed on this website. We provide you with the samples so you will know what to expect and the quality you will be getting back. If you are still unhappy with your voice tag, you are allowed (1) one FREE revisions of your voice tag from that specific vocalist that you ordered from. After your first (2) two revisions, it will be a charge of $10.00 per revision.
- Q: Can we edit our own voice tag after you've sent it to us?
- A: Yes you may! It's your voice tag. Manipulate it in any way you want. That is also one reason why we we email you a "DRY" version of your tag with no effects on it.